Monday, August 20, 2007

Gifts from the House.

A few days ago, when Ray and I were done thrashing down some walls, we experimentally ripped up some old planks in my 'super-secret behind the closet room'. Hidden in the cellulose insulation beneath were many treasures. First to emerge was a man's boot, probably turn of the last century based on the construction and boot nails poking through the sole. We had a brief moment of creepitude as we pictured the worst case scenario...next finding a tibia..femur..etc... But the next thing to emerge was another shoe, this time in miniature.


We also found a letter, which I will let you read for yourself. I know i am a history nerd, but there was something moving about reading the gossip of the first family to live in our house. I feel like after two months of working to restore it to its former glory, the house is giving me presents. It's starting to feel like home! Sorry about the formatting issues..you'll have to jump around--but at least the pages are numbered. And can you believe the nerve of that Mrs. Nassar?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hi Lady!
I can't read the letter, at least on this monitor, but it looks really interesting!
Hope you are well, we needs to hang out before school starts.