Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Poppy #1


I am not exactly sure what it is, but all three paintings that i have done while at Barlow creek have something in common. (For those interested, Lily #2 and Iris #1 were done at the same campsite as this one. Anyone care to comment on their similarities?) The background was inspired by my love of red and light blue together, and my desire to break up the smooth fluffy edges of the poppy. I also felt that she needed a background more fitting her scandalous reputation. She's 6x6" on claybord, the yummiest of media.

2 comments:

Stella said...

There's something a little bit flippant about all of them, and I love it.

Speaking of which, I miss Lily #2. Like, a lot... let's break into my mom's house and steal it back.

merpez lamor said...

yay poppy!!!

I am a big fan, for sure.